Here at Alpe d’Huez, your safety and peace of mind are our main concern, which is why we are implementing flexible cancellation and refund conditions for the winter season 2020-2021.
Specific cancellation conditions in the context of the Covid-19 health crisis:
Up to D-7, you can cancel your 2 to 15-day (consecutive) holiday passes and get a full refund at no cost and without justification.
Up to D-1, you can get a full refund at no cost in the situations specified below.
List of situations eligible for a full refund:
- Border closure by the French government.
- Border closure by the government of the customer’s country of origin or transit country.
- Travel ban imposed by the government of the customer’s country of origin.
- Flight cancellation due to Covid-19 (justification to be provided: letter or email from the airline concerned)
- Airport/station closure in France or in the customer’s country of origin.
- Limit on distance travelled around the home
- Quarantine (any period of isolation) imposed by France or by the customer’s country of origin.
- Customer tested positive for Covid19 during the 7 days before the first ski day (justification to be provided: medical certificate).
- Closure of the resort and/or ski lifts due to Covid-19.
For season passes paid at the public price, our refund policy applies as follows:
- Closed 1 month: choice of 15% refund or credit note
- Closed 2 months: choice of 30% refund or credit note
- Closed 3 months: choice of 45% refund or credit note
- Closed 4 months: choice of 60% refund or credit note
If the ski area remains totally closed without opening at all during the winter season: choice of 100% refund or credit note.
All those involved here in the resort are working hard to welcome you in the best possible conditions to guarantee worry-free holidays. For your safety, the ski area has adapted its organisation and implemented health measures in compliance with government directives. Click here to find out more.